LSRL provides in-house materials characterization for routine measurements, and outsourced characterization for a wide-range of measurements.
In-house capabilities include:
- FTIR for epi thickness
- Four-point probe for sheet resistance (CDE Resmap)
- Interference-Contrast microscopy (Nikon Optiphot) and bright-light for wafer inspection
- Laser particle scanning (Tencor Surfscan)
- Wafer shape and thickness measurement
- SIMS (Secondary-Ion Mass Spectrometry- Atomika 4500) for elemental depth profiling
- Spreading resistance (SSM 150) for depth profiling of carriers, thickness, and junction characterization
- Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM) for roughness and step-height measurements
LSRL is a Gold-Member Industrial Associate of the Leyroy Eyring Center for Solid State Science, which offers a very wide variety of materials characterization services.